Sunday, December 5, 2010

Surrealist Artist

After reviewing the work from the list of Artists, the ones that I really like are Tokohiro Satoh, Olivia Parker, Rene Magritte and Hiroshi Sugimoto.

I really like Tokohiro's use of black and white, contrast and the artistic use of the lighting his photographs. His photographs were some of the best to me, just due to his concepts of taking these great photos of a scenery thats very calming and pleasant and adds these vivid hints of light.


Oliva Parker's work I find very subtle, yet abstract to some degree with her use of subjects.

I like her work because it isn't disturbing as some of the others and her eye for detail and texture with many of her photos.



Rene Magritte has a sense of humor with some of her photos. i really enjoy her use of color and the concepts for a lot of her surreal photos












Hiroshi Sugimoto seems to use a lot shapes and architectural scenes for his photos, which I like. I really think his use of shapes and the relationships between shapes are interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment