Monday, December 20, 2010

Surrealist Photo

For this project I had some trouble thinking of a really creative idea to work with. I don't think that it was the time allotted to complete it, I think that it was more so the timing. It seemed as if my brain just went into reserve mode or something when it cam down to this project, lol. Not sure if it was the pressure from finals week or just creative block. Anyhow, my original idea to create a surreal forest scene was changed to the following:

I was inspired to do this piece through the works of Tokohiro Satoh and Hiroshi Sugimoto. I love Tokohiro's use of subtle light in his images and Hiroshi's use of architecture. So I combined the two concepts together to create a surreal scene of a city occupied by these contrasting stick figures. I reaaly thought Tokohiro's leaping pair was interesting and i've always  admired the simplicity and interesting things you can do with drawing stick figures, so i incorporated this idea into the photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment